Hope to see you on Wednesday at our dinner meeting. This is a special meeting since we will highlight “World Diabetes Day” which occurs every November 14th. Please get a drink and join us in the Ballroom at 6:00 pm before the meeting to watch a diabetes informational video.
See you Wednesday.
Agenda Meeting November 14
Greetings Fellow Lions,
Our next dinner meeting for the Chestertown Lions Club will be on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 5:30 Social / 6:30 Dinner at CRY&CC
Also ….. for anyone who is interested, at 6 p.m. (just before the dinner meeting) we will have a short video up in the ballroom about diabetes. November is National Diabetes Awareness Month.
Our guest speaker will be Thad Moore, Athletic Director for Washington College. He will update us on several projects the college is working on to include the new boathouse.
Please mark your calendars …. The Christmas Basket program will be on Sunday, December 16th starting at 12 noon and Monday, December 17th starting at 8 a.m. On Sunday we will be unloading food, setting up tables and sorting cans. On Monday we will be assembling Christmas Baskets and delivering them (usually around 500 baskets). The location will be at the Kent Co. Community Center in Worton.
PLEASE RSVP SO WE HAVE AN ACCURATE COUNT FOR DINNER. You can RSVP by sending an email to glennmowens [at] gmail [dot] com.
Lion Glenn Owens, Secretary
Chestertown Lions Club
There has been interest by a few members in attending the LVRF Update and a tour of the Low Vision Center and lunch at Johns Hopkins Hospital on Saturday, November 17, starting at 9:30 am. If we get enough member interest maybe we can rent a van to travel together?
Let me know if interested?
A really big thank-you goes out to Lion Bob Knapp, Parade Coordinator, and his entire parade team for an excellent job in conducting a very successful Halloween Parade on Sunday, October 28th. As it turns out, it was the correct decision to move the parade to Sunday, a much more suitable day finally for a parade! I know the team members who got the contestants signed-up and lined-up; got them underway on time; walked the parade route with the group signs; announced contestants at the viewing stand, and acted as judges all deserve much credit for a successful parade. I think the community really appreciates what we do as is evident by the enthusiasm they show all along the parade route.
Again, many thanks to all for a job well done.
Hello Fellow Lions,
I have attached a Lions Youth Foundation flyer for a dinner and raffle to be held on November 17 in Middleburg, MD from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Cost of a ticket is $15 which includes a chicken dinner and a raffle ticket with a possibility to win a top prize of $500 cash. All monies raised go to support Lion Youth Foundation activities.
If you are interested in purchasing a ticket, please call Carol Schoonover at 410-713-2295. Note: you do not have to be present to win any of the prizes.
The LVRF Roundup 2018 will be held in Baltimore at Johns Hopkins Hospital on Saturday, November 17th at 9:30 am. A tour of the Low Vision Center as well as a box lunch will be provided. If interested in attending, please e-mail KL Dave (dbdunham [at] aol [dot] com).
Low Vision Roundup
I really appreciate the outstanding member turnout last night for District Governor Wayne Cole’s visit. It turned out to be a great evening of fellowship with 16 members visiting from Rock Hall, 6 members from Chesapeake City and a number of members’ guests attending.
Since there was so much going on last night, I wanted to get a reminder out to you so you can mark your calendars for these important Lion events.
Reminders for Upcoming Lions Events:
- The Chestertown Halloween Parade will be held on Saturday, October 27 weather permitting. The rain date is set for Sunday. Check the website: chestertownlions.org for any day/time changes.
- Betterton-Still Pond Lions Club Horse Races will be held on Saturday, November 3 at the Betterton Fire House. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Food is free with a $10.00 entry fee. A number of Chestertown Lions members are attending, so join us for the fun.
- The Annual LVRF Dinner will be held at the Granary Restaurant, Saturday, November 10. The social starts at 6:30 pm and dinner at 7:00 pm. Let’s get out and support this important Lions program. Let Lion Rick Wells (email wellscpa [at] atlanticbb [dot] net) know if you’re interested in attending along with your dinner choice.
- The next Lions Club member dinner meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 14, at CRY&CC with the social starting at 5:30 pm. Come out and hear an update on the Washington College’s Boat House.
- 5.Roundup 2018, MD 22, a tour of the Low Vision Center with lunch provided will be held at John Hopkins on Saturday, November 17. Let KL Dave (email: dbdunham [at] aol [dot] com) know if you are interested in attending. If we have enough member interest, we may try to get a van to take us over to Johns Hopkins.
First, I want to thank Lion Rick Coffman, Chair, and Lion Ken Roderick, Vice Chair, for running a very successful Fall Barbecue on such a beautiful fall day. The entire team is to be commended for a job well done. From those team members who got there really early to set-up to those who stayed late to sell and clean-up, what teamwork they all exhibited. Everybody who was there, Team Captains and Team Members, just seemed to chip-in and get the job done to make the event a real success. I’m not sure how many chickens were sold by day’s end, but there couldn’t have been to many left-over?
Again, many thanks to all of you for a job well done.
Similar to last year, I’m implementing a “Buddy Team” concept to promote travel to meetings and events together, member socialization, and just general member support. I am requesting team leads (highlighted in bold) to provide encouragement to fellow Lion team members to attend meeting and events.
Buddy Teams 2018