I really appreciate the outstanding member turnout last night for District Governor Wayne Cole’s visit. It turned out to be a great evening of fellowship with 16 members visiting from Rock Hall, 6 members from Chesapeake City and a number of members’ guests attending.
Since there was so much going on last night, I wanted to get a reminder out to you so you can mark your calendars for these important Lion events.
Reminders for Upcoming Lions Events:
- The Chestertown Halloween Parade will be held on Saturday, October 27 weather permitting. The rain date is set for Sunday. Check the website: chestertownlions.org for any day/time changes.
- Betterton-Still Pond Lions Club Horse Races will be held on Saturday, November 3 at the Betterton Fire House. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Food is free with a $10.00 entry fee. A number of Chestertown Lions members are attending, so join us for the fun.
- The Annual LVRF Dinner will be held at the Granary Restaurant, Saturday, November 10. The social starts at 6:30 pm and dinner at 7:00 pm. Let’s get out and support this important Lions program. Let Lion Rick Wells (email wellscpa [at] atlanticbb [dot] net) know if you’re interested in attending along with your dinner choice.
- The next Lions Club member dinner meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 14, at CRY&CC with the social starting at 5:30 pm. Come out and hear an update on the Washington College’s Boat House.
- 5.Roundup 2018, MD 22, a tour of the Low Vision Center with lunch provided will be held at John Hopkins on Saturday, November 17. Let KL Dave (email: dbdunham [at] aol [dot] com) know if you are interested in attending. If we have enough member interest, we may try to get a van to take us over to Johns Hopkins.
First, I want to thank Lion Rick Coffman, Chair, and Lion Ken Roderick, Vice Chair, for running a very successful Fall Barbecue on such a beautiful fall day. The entire team is to be commended for a job well done. From those team members who got there really early to set-up to those who stayed late to sell and clean-up, what teamwork they all exhibited. Everybody who was there, Team Captains and Team Members, just seemed to chip-in and get the job done to make the event a real success. I’m not sure how many chickens were sold by day’s end, but there couldn’t have been to many left-over?
Again, many thanks to all of you for a job well done.
As we start the new year, I wanted to distribute the Goals for 2018-19 which were developed to guide the Club in the coming year. I actually covered these Goals briefly at the Installation Dinner meeting in June. As you’ll see, they are really not earth shattering in nature, but address our continuing support of our service projects; continue to increase membership and focus on member retention; list service committee/event leadership assignments; update the “Buddy System;” and conduct a member orientation/mentoring program for all our new members.
Also, I really appreciate Club members stepping up to fill the service committee/event Chair positions. This year to ensure all members have an opportunity to serve in a leadership position, I have created a Vice Chair position for most committees/events.
As a reminder, our next dinner meeting will be on Wednesday, September 12, at the Chester River Yacht and Country Club. Our guest dinner speaker will be Dr. Shanahan. Since he will be speaking on a health-related topic, we have designated this meeting as” health worker guest” night. So, if you have a friend or neighbor who is a doctor, nurse, physical therapist, or sports trainer and they are really interested in being a Lion and serving the community, please consider bringing them to the meeting.
Lion Committes 2018
The attached file is the master schedule for the Chestertown Lions Club for 2018 – 2019. If you see anything that does not appear to be correct please contact me. Please note the first board meeting (covering our budget) is on Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 7 pm at CRYCC – Basement meeting room.
Glenn Owens, Secretary
Chestertown Lions Club
Club member Ken Roderick now serves at the Zone Chairman for Kent County. His new website is now up and running, with news and information from all of our neighbouring clubs. You can find it here.
Chestertown Lions Club Adopt a Highway on Route 213 Queen Anne’s side
Pick up day 10/16/2017
17 bags of trash picked up
Use the toolbar at the bottom of the page to scroll through the document.
District 22B News Letter Oct 2017
District 22B LVRF Dinner – North
October 21, 2017
Time: Social at 6:30 pm. – Dinner at 7:00 pm.
Cost: $19.00 per person
Reservations must be made by October 14, 2017
Place: The Granary Restaurant in Georgetown, MD.
Description: Details and a printable registration form:
LVRF Dinner Flyer