I really appreciate the outstanding member turnout last night for District Governor Wayne Cole’s visit. It turned out to be a great evening of fellowship with 16 members visiting from Rock Hall, 6 members from Chesapeake City and a number of members’ guests attending.
Since there was so much going on last night, I wanted to get a reminder out to you so you can mark your calendars for these important Lion events.
Reminders for Upcoming Lions Events:
- The Chestertown Halloween Parade will be held on Saturday, October 27 weather permitting. The rain date is set for Sunday. Check the website: chestertownlions.org for any day/time changes.
- Betterton-Still Pond Lions Club Horse Races will be held on Saturday, November 3 at the Betterton Fire House. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Food is free with a $10.00 entry fee. A number of Chestertown Lions members are attending, so join us for the fun.
- The Annual LVRF Dinner will be held at the Granary Restaurant, Saturday, November 10. The social starts at 6:30 pm and dinner at 7:00 pm. Let’s get out and support this important Lions program. Let Lion Rick Wells (email wellscpa [at] atlanticbb [dot] net) know if you’re interested in attending along with your dinner choice.
- The next Lions Club member dinner meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 14, at CRY&CC with the social starting at 5:30 pm. Come out and hear an update on the Washington College’s Boat House.
- 5.Roundup 2018, MD 22, a tour of the Low Vision Center with lunch provided will be held at John Hopkins on Saturday, November 17. Let KL Dave (email: dbdunham [at] aol [dot] com) know if you are interested in attending. If we have enough member interest, we may try to get a van to take us over to Johns Hopkins.